Shaker Square is a historic and beautiful neighborhood and shopping center where people live, work, and play. There is a vibrancy to Shaker Square that comes from the history, the architecture, and the people who make up the community.
Lake Erie Artists Gallery is offering a summer art contest to promote the special qualities of Shaker Square.
The goal of the contest is to find one or more pieces of art that show off Shaker Square in a way that will capture the essence of our beloved community.
To reinvigorate the connection between art and Shaker Square, and to involve individual artists in a contest where they can earn money for their work. To celebrate the gathering of people at Shaker Square.
2012 Theme: Gathering Together
Closing date is August 25, 2012 for all entries.
Participants can download flyers and entry forms from http://lakeerieartists.com/essence-shaker.aspx
2012 Essence of Shaker Square Art Contest Contest Rules:
- Entries need to portray the theme: Gathering together at Shaker Square.
- Any flat medium will do–acrylic, water, oil, photography, etching, etc. It does need to be able to be reproduced in poster form. Must be presented in any 11 x 14 format or larger. If you would like to have your piece displayed, it must also be ready to hang.
- Submissions will be accepted from June 12, 2012 through August 25, 2012 at Lake Erie Artists Gallery.
- We will have a closing party on Saturday August 25, 2012 from 5 to 8 pm with wine, food, in order to view all of the contest entries. Artists are encouraged to attend, and the party will be open to the public.
- Judging will be coordinated by Paula Atwell and the winner will be announced September 30, 2012.
- A cash prize of $350.00 will be awarded to the 1st prize winner and $150.00 to the second prize winner.
- By entering this contest, you are agreeing that all rights to the two winning pieces of artwork will belong to Lake Erie Artists Gallery.
By entering this contest, you are agreeing that your piece may be displayed on the wall at Lake Erie Artists Gallery.
Pieces must be accompanied by an entry form or they will not be accepted.
Participants under 18 must have their entry form signed by a parent or guardian.
Artists may pick up their pieces after October 1, 2012 if they did not win a cash award. Cash awards may also be picked up after October 1.
For more information, contact Paula Atwell, Lake Erie Artists Gallery at 216-752-9960 or email@example.com.
Lake Erie Artists Gallery is a gallery collection of art by local Cleveland, Ohio artists from in order to offer wonderful art gifts in a variety of media to the discerning public.